Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Well would you, according to my ICT lecturer at college he thinks google are gonna go bust...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Would you buy shares in Google?

Well would you, according to my ICT lecturer at college he thinks google are gonna go bust

Linux Newbie
    hardly

Linux Newbie
    I wanna buy one just to have it. I'll change my sig to: I own a piece of Google.
    [ [ SykkN alloc ] initWithThePowerTo: destroyYouAll ];
    /* Don\'t make me use it! */

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    hell ya i beet you that the share price will go up at least 200%

The IPO will be overrated and start at a much-too-high price.

Don't get me wrong...I love google and think they are a great company, but there is too much hype surrounding their IPO because of this.

I would like to own some google stock, but that will wait until it drops in price. And I'll also have to save $$$ to buy it...meaning *gasp* NO UPGRADES!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The only way to do this right is to wail till the price drops and levels out after the initial offering........and then just treat it like any other stock....dont buy it just because it is google
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Newbie
    how much are the shares going at these days for google?

Linux Guru
    The company is currently over valued (IMO), and agree with sarumont that it would be better to wait until prices drop a little.

Ok, so the company makes 1M gross profit /year, but thats hardly a lot compared with other long established companies that make 80M/year.

According to Alexa run by Amazon - who are experimenting with their own search engine, A9.com, Google is the 3rd most visited website on the planet, Yahoo is 1st. (/useless info).

Linux Newbie
    Umm under what grounds would google go bust? With constant innovation? Updating? Useability?

To tell you the truth, i believe the competition will get harsher, but until google isnt needed... that is, everyone knows every web page that exists... or google becomes no mroe then a toolbar on an internet browser...

ahh im tired of that opinion. /post
    /skythra

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    The company is currently over valued (IMO), and agree with sarumont that it would be better to wait until prices drop a little.

Ok, so the company makes 1M gross profit /year, but thats hardly a lot compared with other long established companies that make 80M/year.

According to Alexa run by Amazon - who are experimenting with their own search engine, A9.com, Google is the 3rd most visited website on the planet, Yahoo is 1st. (/useless info).
    thats why you buy the shares on the same day they are realesed wait a week and then sell then you buy them when there realistic and it will be a good medium term investment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast