Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
ok. so im high school student, my last year, and now i have to chose between two programs; so any feedback would be greatly appreciated first one: Bachelor of Applied ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question program choise for hs student

ok. so im high school student, my last year, and now i have to chose between two programs; so any feedback would be greatly appreciated

first one: Bachelor of Applied Information Sciences Computer and Communication Networking

secod one: Bachelor of Applied Technology INFORMATICS AND SECURITY

P.S. If you know any IT forums where i can ask this question please list them.
    for (int a; a<= 100; a++){
    std:cout<<"Thank you!"<<std:endl;}

I can only say, having absolutely no experience with either, that you should choose whatever one jumps out at you. I'm sure some here will suggest one over the other but you should take a critical look at both and make a personal judgment. Only you can decide which one you will enjoy the most.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but that's better than my other answer of 'forget those and take sociology' .
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

it sounds like its computer science vs computer security. if so, its a difference on what sounds more interesting tto you, learning algorithms, stratagies, and design concepts to make computer programs(computer science) or focusing on making program more secure.

personaly i would go for computer science, its kind of the long standing backbone classes to programming overall. you have to at least know the basics of computer science to do anything in programming. you will probobly find that the classes have so much in common that you have the third option of doing both.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Smile

for (int a; a<= 100; a++){
    ....i would like to suggest you, to Choose the one which has more programming stuff....rather than admin level...All the best.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

I have a B.S. in IT with a double minor in Cyber Security and Network Management. At first it was a Cyber Security major, but the college changed the curriculum around a bit. I regretted it at first, but once I picked up the second minor I felt better.

Basically, don't pigeon-hole yourself. What I mean by that is it's cool if you go and become a master programmer, but then you're stuck doing that workin at some consulting firm with no life. If you pick up on security then that's what you do. Computer Sciences are nice because even though it's a lot of programming, it can also be somewhat broad. Look at the different classes offered, in depth.

Also, Don't stop at a B.S. degree, get a Master's while you're young. You'll be making serious money before you're 40.
    I praise Webmin and PuTTy!
    Registered Linux User: 439431

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi
    ....i would like to suggest you, to Choose the one which has more programming stuff....rather than admin level...All the best.
    haha thnx=)) forgot to initialize oh well, that's what happens when you're tired and confused..

for (int a=0; a<= 100; a++){

---
    thank you for all your replies, at least now i have a brief idea where to start.

Go with the basics first. If you want to defend from a buffer overflow, it would be advantageous to actually know how it works.
    'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.'
    --Abraham Lincoln

My college has a general "Computer Science" major. And inside that you can either choose networking and security or software engineering.

The first one sounds like networking and the second sounds like security.
    Two levels higher than a newb.
    (I can search google)

Networking

I went in for networking because at one of my jobs we needed an IT guy to come in and fix something. It sucked that I couldn't fix it and I've been playing around with networks for awhile. From the feeling of envy, I decided I wanted to do that. No more food or fuss jubs

I'm going to a tech school now. I spent a year at a university..wasn't worth the money. Drinking was fun, but that aside...yeah. Nobody is going to ask you "which president was in a wheelchair". They will ask you...hey new kid, while you are hooking up the mouse.....zip... :O

don't go for a program just because it brings the most money. go with what will make you happy. you might be working in that field for a long time and you don't want to be miserable. I have seen several people that got into IT because they just wanted to make money and were not happy with it. I got into programming because i like it. Pick the career that will make you happy not rich and the money will be there.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast