Find the answer to your Linux question:
Fired up the mandrake box this morning to check me email before work and panic!!!! After lilo did it's thing it flipped to a new screen and gave me a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Curses and red faces.

Fired up the mandrake box this morning to check me email before work and panic!!!!

After lilo did it's thing it flipped to a new screen and gave me a message about suspending summat or other, couldn't find this or that /dev/hda1 blah blah.

Me mandrake's broke

No probs, time for another go with Debian methinks. Bungs in the Knoppix 3.3 disk so I can copy me home directory to a spare partition before I reformat. Not working. Goes to lilo then the error page again. Won't boot from a bootable dvd??

In goes the Mandrake install disk and I types rescue at the prompt. Hmm, seems ok, reinstall lilo. Reboot. Same problem.

Why does it always happen to me methinks.

It's then that I notice me old boot floppy for Slack is missing. It normally hangs out of the floppy drive cos I'm too lazy to take it out completely. Hmm, closer inspection reveals it's lurking in the floppy drive itself.

Relief.

I was minutes away from reinstalling/installing. Phew.

But Mandrake install disk booted but Knoppix didn't ??

Still, happy now.

End.

That is all.

Move along, nothing more to see.

</blatant attempt at increasing post count>
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by doppleganger
    Windows - The best $100 solitaire game you can buy ha ah
    Uhm... This must be a old version of windows. Xp home (with solitaireXP) costs 300 euro's over here. But maybe where just getting it anal over here?

Just Joined!
    Uhm... This must be a old version of windows. Xp home (with solitaireXP) costs 300 euro's over here. But maybe where just getting it anal over here?
    Actually yeah you are beeing screwed over ha ah $100 bucks is already too much money for and i quote an OS in which "There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant number of users want fixed. (Bill Gates, FOCUS magazine(nr.43, October 23,1995, pages 206-212)" Go Bill you rock ah ah

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by doppleganger
    Actually yeah you are beeing screwed over ha ah $100 bucks is already too much money for and i quote an OS in which "There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant number of users want fixed. (Bill Gates, FOCUS magazine(nr.43, October 23,1995, pages 206-212)" Go Bill you rock ah ah
    :ROTFLMAO:... So acording to Billary, we/those users do see bugs, but they say: "Well Microsoft people, there are bugs, but please don't fix them, we like them, we LOVE them, we pay lots of money for them, please make more, will give you money for it!" ???

(My laptop came with WinXp-home SP1, I have a wireless pcmcia card. After doing a automatic update (which should fix those lovely bugs that WinXP has wright???) my wireless card did not work proper anymore. Had ghost connections (Windows says it has connection to my Accesspont but really did'nt).)

Just Joined!
    Damn good thing you doubled your drive space by deleting windows he h e you can always count on dependable products from microsoft eh eh.
    "Fatal Error: Found [MS-Windows] System -> Repartitioning Disk for Linux..." ha ah

Linux Engineer
    I doubled my disk space after I shafted XP. I now have 40Gb to tinker with distros to my hearts content. Best thing I've done.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly