Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan I used to want to commit suicide when X errors occurred. Now, I secretly wish for them so I can have the satisfaction of resolving ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    I used to want to commit suicide when X errors occurred. Now, I secretly wish for them so I can have the satisfaction of resolving the problems! LOL!

hahaha... that's what I call a daring Linux user

I think its Ubuntu all the way just because of its unfussiness and user-friendliness.

First time I tried using Ubuntu I hated it because it wouldn't install correctly... I believe it was Breezy Badger. It annoyed me because I knew this other guy who used Ubuntu and thought the world of it. That had actually screwed my current install of Suse, so that pissed me off more. I went into a spiraling depression (aka I used Windows for a few months) then I got into Edgy Eft Kubuntu and I've never looked back since.
    Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?

The last straw...

I have a shelf in my office that I lovingly refer to as the "boat anchor" bin where all hardware that I cannot get working properly under Linux goes. Sitting there for a few months now has been a Dlink USB dongle with the Ralink chipset. It was relegated there because it would work only intermittently under Centos and Slackware. Sometimes it wouldn't work at all and often would lock my system down so hard that a reboot became necessary.

Just for fun, I decided to see what Ubuntu thought of it. I slid it into the port, brought up the Ubuntu network configuration utility, configured it for my essid and dhcp, disabled the ethernet connection, enabled wireless and was on Google in just over a minute.

That was a week ago. It's still working perfectly...

I've had enough. I'm going to get lost in Crux 2.3 for a few weeks before I become a complete Ubuntu girlie man...

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    Haha. For those of you who didn't catch the sarcasm in the above post, it's actually a compliment to Ubuntu.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Ubuntu is not a girly distribution, though that gives me an idea for a poll.

What is a girlie/manly distribution?
    Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    I've had enough. I'm going to get lost in Crux 2.3 for a few weeks before I become a complete Ubuntu girlie man...
    It was probably a good thing I was sitting down when I read that, because I literally LMAO
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    Ubuntu wouldn't install on my laptop, so I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but maybe that's a version or two ago. (I never could get the hang of those cute Blowsy-Crufty-Dopey-Itchy version names so I'm not sure if I've tried the one you all are talking about. Numbers I can remember.)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Ubuntu wouldn't install on my laptop, so I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but maybe that's a version or two ago. (I never could get the hang of those cute Blowsy-Crufty-Dopey-Itchy version names so I'm not sure if I've tried the one you all are talking about. Numbers I can remember.)
    From my side the Ubuntu Edgy is the best choice for a beginner. Recently I've installed this version on couple of computers and it works seamlessly. The same thing I could not tell for Feisty, wich has some bugs with wireless interface. In fact I'm using a hybrid version between Edgy and Feisty. Some packages like OpenOffice (a picture handling bug in version 2.0.4 resolved in 2.2) and K3b, as well as the latest version of libc6 library are from Feisty.
    What kind of problems are you encountering with Ubuntu ?
    I think we can help you if you really want to use (K)Ubuntu$
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

I just installed Ubuntu 7.1 alpha on my main computer.
    Everything went to easy.
    When I was using the livecd I put all of my wireless info(essid, wep key) in so I could get online.
    When I rebooted after installation, I was immediately online.
    0 configuration needed.(boorrring)
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Strange, with Kubuntu and Ubuntu 7.10 I could not get to the internet. It recognized my Realtek8180L chipped wireless, but then there weren't any wireless interfaces available. Usually I have it on wlan0 but with Feisty no succes. iwconfig sent me error message I have no such devices, even if lspci have listed my wireless card.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3