Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't have a clue how to configure xserver. I have an ati radeon on board 128 MB graphics card and I'm stuck in 640x480 resolution with no option to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ati radeon 200 xpress

I don't have a clue how to configure xserver. I have an ati radeon on board 128 MB graphics card and I'm stuck in 640x480 resolution with no option to change. I know this card is capable of 1024x768 on this monitor (old sony monitor, 1024x768 is the max) but I can't get it up and running for some reason. Does anyone know the steps to fix this problem? All help is appreciated like a pregnant women getting an epidural. Thanks.

Have you install ATI Proprietary driver?
    Execute this
    Code:
    sudo lspci | grep VGA
    cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Driver
    Post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    thanks anyway, I finally figured it out. Now I'm trying to figure out how to install amanith and pyamanith to play frets on fire. Having a bit of trouble with that. New to linux for the most part and I don't know how to compile anything from source. How do you export environment variables? Thanks for the help on the graphics driver.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Check this tutorial on how to install/compile packages in Linux.
    You can add variables in .bashrc file of user or /etc/profiles file for all users.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First