Find the answer to your Linux question:
What is the Russian keyboard layout for Linux? Is it the same as for Windows? If not, could you please point me to the Russian layout image?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Russian keyboard layout for Linux?

What is the Russian keyboard layout for Linux? Is it the same as for Windows? If not, could you please point me to the Russian layout image?

Just Joined!

Russian keyboard layout

What is the Russian keyboard layout for Linux? Is it the same as for Windows? If not, could you please point me to the Russian layout image?

It depends. In SCIM, the keyboard manager used by Fedora, the default layout is like English (a=a) But if you ditch SCIM and use the underlying layout, the default is like in Windows (gosstandart: a=f)

-RR

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rrobin View Post

It depends. In SCIM, the keyboard manager used by Fedora, the default layout is like English (a=a) But if you ditch SCIM and use the underlying layout, the default is like in Windows (gosstandart: a=f)

-RR
    Thanks for your reply. Is there instruction on how to install the Windows layout (a=f) in Linux?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    You need to know html.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibremib4 View Post
    You need to know html.
    Thanks for nothing.