Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Amarok v1.4.10 set up on Lenny, kernel 2.6.25-2-686, using mysql to manage the collection db. I keep my music collection on an external usb drive. The power went ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Duplicate entries in Amarok collection

I have Amarok v1.4.10 set up on Lenny, kernel 2.6.25-2-686, using mysql to manage the collection db. I keep my music collection on an external usb drive. The power went out briefly last night and ever since, my collection has doubled. It lists duplicate entries for every song. Artist1>Album1>Song1, Song1, Song2, Song2...

I tried simple stuff, extensive forum searching, rescanning the db, updating it, reinstalling amarok, reinstalling mysql, no dice.

Any ideas?

I have many double entries to, but that is because I have back ups which are also scanned. Annoying still, its is not easy to just load an album with each song only once.

If you drag an album to the play list, I guess it loads each song twice. Does each double entry have the same path? You may have to change the visible columns in the play list to see.
    OS's I use: Debian testing, Debian stable, Ubuntu, OpenSuse 12.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP

does this happen with every album folder or just ones with playlist files? I ask because I had a problem with another player where if there was a playlist file for the album it would load it twice, once for the playlist and another for the actual files.

To make communication a bit quicker I'll just tell you straight away what I think has happened.

The power failure made your external disk switch off and then on when the power came back. Your computer did not switch off because it's a laptop with a battery. Now you have two mount points for your external disk, like /media/LaCie and /media/LaCie_ . For some strange reason the disk is actually mounted on each of these mount points, or the Amarok database did not get updated to correctly.

Just a guess...
    OS's I use: Debian testing, Debian stable, Ubuntu, OpenSuse 12.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP