Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear I have to install a C/C++ IDE to make programmation. The IDE that i found isn't working under Linux. So, for it to work, I plan to install another ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

OS Management

Dear

I have to install a C/C++ IDE to make programmation.

The IDE that i found isn't working under Linux. So, for it to work, I plan to install another OS on another HD.

The questions are :

- Do you know a way to make my C/C++ compiler to work under Linux (I know that Linux have it's own, but I can't take it. This is for classroom, so the more I use the one that we have in class, the more I'm gonna be 'better' using it). I also know about some Windows virutal application, that makes Linux 'working' as if it was Windows. Do you think this might be a solution?

- Otherwise, I'm gonna install Windows on another HD, but for it to be bootable, I do have to make it as a Boot Menu Item. How ?

I don't really like what I'm gonna write, because those forums are free, but if you can answer me ASAP, I'll be really happy.

chris81

Smile

Are looking you for C/C++ IDE in Linux ? If so KDevelop will work.
    It's more like Eclipse.Or you can even try Eclipse itself in Linux.
    As far as i know linux comes with gcc compiler.If you are going to teach basics of
    C/C++ it will be enough i guess.

All the best
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Not really what i hoped as answer, but ok.

I'm gonna try out the gcc, KDevelop and Eclipse, if needed.

Thanks.

chris81

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close