Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I go System>Administration>Login Window>Local>Style and choose Themed with face browser I get a face browser only if the theme itself includes it. And even when I choose a theme ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] How to enable Gnome logon facebook browser and face images?

When I go System>Administration>Login Window>Local>Style and choose
    Themed with face browser
    I get a face browser only if the theme itself includes it. And even when I choose a theme with a face browser, I still can't get a face image even though I go System>Administration>Login Window>Users, check "Default face" and choose a face image from the "global face dir". I've Google'd and Google'd and can't find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

*solved* How to enable Gnome logon face browser...

Changed the names of the default "stock_person" icons defined in GTK+:

Code:
    # mv /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/stock/generic/stock_person.svg /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/stock/generic/stock_person_backup.svg
    Code:
    # mv /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/stock/generic/stock_person.svg /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/stock/generic/stock_person_backup.svg
    Code:
    # mv /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/stock/generic/stock_person.png /usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/stock/generic/stock_person_backup.png
    Code:
    # mv /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/stock/generic/stock_person.png /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/stock/generic/stock_person_backup.png
    Code:
    # mv /usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16/stock/generic/stock_person.png /usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16/stock/generic/stock_person_backup.png
    Then changed the desired icon in the default icon directory from jpg to png (gdk-pixbuf supported format):
    Code:
    mv /usr/share/pixmaps/faces/coffee.jpg /usr/share/pixmaps/faces/coffee.png
    Then went System>Administration>Login Window>Local>Style and selected
    Themed with face browser
    Then went System>Administration>Login Window>Local>Theme and chose a theme with a face browser. You also can go System>Administration>Login Window>Local>Style and select
    Plain with face browser
    . Either way, you get a login screen with a face browser and the desired face icon.