Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm trying to get the old version of etch, Because I can't seem to load in lenny, All kinds of trouble in xorg.conf, Keyboard problems no video, gdm loads ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    fvs
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] Can't Find Debian Etch 4.0

Hello, I'm trying to get the old version of etch, Because I can't seem to load in lenny,
    All kinds of trouble in xorg.conf, Keyboard problems no video, gdm loads and i get blank screen. Wow if this is stable? then what is unstable?
    So if I can get back to etch, I'd like to get the iso.But the offical Debian site doesn't have it any more, Where can I get it? Thanks

Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

fvs
    Linux Newbie
    GNU-Fan
    I'd love to install Lenny, However each time I try on this machine "Abit mother board with AMD Sempron 3000" It gives me fits, Blank screen, I login as root go to /etc/X11/xorg.conf find it empty or sparsely installed. No resolution or keyboard? I try to reconfigure xorg.conf, Just a lot of extra work.
    Hey if there's a solution I'll try it. Any help appreciated. Thanks

PS. I'm on this machine with Ubuntu release 8.10 kernel 2.6.27-11 and it's flawless.

fvs
    Linux Newbie
    Update; I tried Lenny once more, After a huge battle with xorg.conf I finally got it to work. I'm disappointed in in Debian to have to battle to get xorg reconfigured.
    I do have Lenny now and I'm finding it solid. Thanks all.
    fvs