Find the answer to your Linux question:
i tried to install wlassistant using aptitude, apt-get and i also look for it in synaptic, but i can't install it, it told me that there are no software named ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wlassistant in debian

i tried to install wlassistant using aptitude, apt-get and i also look for it in synaptic, but i can't install it, it told me that there are no software named wlassistant...
    these are my repositories:

deb Index of /debian lenny main contrib non-free
    deb-src Index of /debian lenny main contrib non-free

deb Debian -- Security Information lenny/updates main contrib non-free
    deb-src Debian -- Security Information lenny/updates main contrib non-free

##Last.fm
    deb Last.FM Apt Repo debian stable

deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian sid main

I'm using lenny stable and kde 3.5... what could be the problem?

Just Joined!
    can i install it in stable? or is it available only for sid? thanks

It looks like the package was abandoned in lenny for bug reasons and that it seems a dead project. The last release was almost 2 years ago. #494859 - RM: wlassistant -- RoQA; orphaned, buggy, dead upstream, - Debian Bug report logs

You can run a mixed system between stable and unstable, but you should be careful because you can break your system. Sébastien Wains Debian : how to keep a mixed system Debian User Forums :: View topic - Howto: Set up and Maintain a Mixed Testing/Unstable System

I would look into other wireless options. I like wicd a lot. wicd - download

Also ceni, which is a command line tool written in perl. It's used primarily by sidux and antix. I couldn't find a home page, but I know it's available through the smxi scripts. smxi sgfxi svmi rbxi :: home page

Just Joined!
    can i find some alternative written in qt? i looked in google and i found wicd, i think it's great, but is better have qt applications in kde? :S

Wicd does use gtk, but does not have gnome dependencies, so it's really not a big deal to run it, you aren't downloading a mountain of dependencies. You can try knetworkconf too, though I don't think it works with WPA encryption, if you use that. I would try wicd. If you don't like it you can always uninstall.