Whenever I try to run "upgrade" with either apt-get or aptitude, I get the following output. I have tried to find a solution to this elsewhere, but to no avail. Any advice will be much appreciated. If more diagnostic information is required, please let me know and I will try my best to post it in a timely fashion. I am running Debian Lenny with Linux Kernel 2.6.26-1-686. Thank you.

Setting up module-init-tools (3.4-1) ...
dpkg-divert: rename involves overwriting `/sbin/insmod' with
different file `/sbin/insmod.modutils', not allowed
dpkg: error processing module-init-tools (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of initramfs-tools:
initramfs-tools depends on module-init-tools; however:
Package module-init-tools is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing initramfs-tools (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
module-init-tools
initramfs-tools
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Someone told me there might be dpkg-divert issues. Here is the output of dpkg-divert --list

diversion of /sbin/insmod to /sbin/insmod.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/insmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/insmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/insmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/insmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/update-modules to /sbin/update-modules.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/update-modules.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/update-modules.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/update-modules.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/update-modules.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/modinfo to /sbin/modinfo.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/modinfo.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/modinfo.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modinfo.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modinfo.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/kallsyms to /sbin/kallsyms.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/ksyms to /sbin/ksyms.modutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/lsmod to /sbin/lsmod.Lmodutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/lsmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/lsmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/lsmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/lsmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/modprobe to /sbin/modprobe.Lmodutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/modprobe.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/modprobe.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modprobe.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/modprobe.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /sbin/rmmod to /sbin/rmmod.Lmodutils by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/man8/rmmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/man8/rmmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/man/fr/man8/rmmod.8.gz to /usr/share/man/fr/man8/rmmod.modutils.8.gz by module-init-tools
diversion of /usr/share/vim/vim71/doc/help.txt to /usr/share/vim/vim71/doc/help.txt.vim-tiny by vim-runtime
diversion of /usr/share/vim/vim71/doc/tags to /usr/share/vim/vim71/doc/tags.vim-tiny by vim-runtime