Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
That doesn't look right. Try downloading the BIN file again. It should show up as either regular user or root, and it shouldn't have that strange series of numbers after ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

That doesn't look right. Try downloading the BIN file again. It should show up as either regular user or root, and it shouldn't have that strange series of numbers after it. If that is what you have in your directory, that's why Linux can't find it. There is no ".bin" file, just a ".MFC3360C" file.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I am going to remove GoogleEarthLinux.bin and then reinstall it and see what happens. -BOB-

Linux Newbie
    it appears to me that the googleearth isntaller is on your root user desktop which is located in /root/Desktop. i would suggest copying it to your normal user desktop.

try the following command

Please note Do not copy and paste my commands you should Tab the filenames
    Code:
    cp /root/Desktop/GoogleEarthLinux. MFC3360C
    Rather than typing GoogleEarthLinux..... i would simply type /root/Desktop/Go then press Tab to auto compete.

Note that you can autocomplete commands using the "Tab" key on your keyboard, This helps minimize spelling errors.

once copied to your desktop try the following command as root (or standard user)
    Code:
    chmod +x Googleearth.....
    here change the GoogleEarth the the correct spelling using the Tab trick above..

then issue the following command,
    Code:
    ./Googleearth
    (use the tab trick again)

you should then see googleearth installing... if this dosent work i would suggest re downloading googleearth.

hope this helps
    Linux is the OS of tomorrow, Here today!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2