Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am an avid user of Debian and recently tried out the LXDE desktop environment - which to be fair, is very nice but still lacks a bit I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Keybinding on LXDE

Hello,

I am an avid user of Debian and recently tried out the LXDE desktop environment - which to be fair, is very nice but still lacks a bit I guess since it's new.

I found no way of taking screenshots and downloaded gpe-screenshot from the stable repositories. How can I assign the "Print Screen" button to gpe-screenshot?

LXDE uses the Openbox window manager. Here is a guide: Openbox guide urukrama’s weblog

I'm not sure that LXDE is lacking so much as it strives to be a minimal desktop environment, and as such, will not be as full featured as a resource hog like KDE or GNOME.

Thank you reed9!

I will check the guide you posted. I know it's aimed at being minimal, but it is a bit buggy so far but fast. Just thought that it would have a printscreen app.

Uhm... I can't find rc.xml and searched the net. All I could find is that lxde calls its file lxde-rc.xml but I do not know where on earth it is.... I even did a search on it locally and still can't find it

EDIT: Found it under $HOME/.config/openbox

Thanks

I've only used LXDE with Arch Linux; I guess I'm used to installing just the programs I want to begin with and I never noticed the lack of a built in screen capture app. I usually installed scrot to take care of that. I don't like the way pcmanfm won't let you remove the home icon from the desktop either, and never used it to draw the background, but went with nitrogen instead.

The only real irritating bug I had with LXDE was lxpanel crashing when using a 64 bit system.

I was going to install Arch Linux instead of Debian but I guess nobody cares if you have a ppp connection so I'm screwed because of that.

Just Joined!

arch ppp

hello i know this is old but i have to say it : arch linux has always been instalable on ppp connection as well. just to know.