Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using up to date sidux (pure up to date sid). Where my problem is, is trying to get an external HD connected by ubs to autoload right. When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    LRC

Delay (sleep command) LVM at boot

I am using up to date sidux (pure up to date sid). Where my problem is, is trying to get an external HD connected by ubs to autoload right. When LVM initiates, the drive partitions are not found, because usb has not fully loaded and therefore LVM cannot detect the HD. This is causing farther problems (I believe related it although might be something else going on) in that the are conflicts developing between the partitions on that drive and internal drives.
    fstab has the correct uuids for each drive, but blkid is showing some internal partitions and external partitions with identical uuids (I believe not possible as they are on different drives and sizes).
    I believe the cure for this is that if I could delay (using sleep command) LVM for about 5 secs from loading, LVM could then load the usb drives correctly. The problem is that everything I have found up to this point is related to slackware or very old kernals which do not apply. Does anyone know which file to modify how to modify it and where it is located.

Just Joined!
    Perhaps the /etc/init.d/mountfs script file.