Find the answer to your Linux question:
alright... on windows i always used audacity/ lame... but i cant find where to download the libmp3lame.so file that audacity needs... i dont know where to download or how... so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

converting wav into mp3

alright... on windows i always used audacity/ lame... but i cant find where to download the libmp3lame.so file that audacity needs... i dont know where to download or how... so please help me... i use knoppix... or if there any better enocoder... just so i can turn my wav files into mp's

Mplayer comes with mencoder, which is a really powerful tool, but is very command line driven. or you can convert it in real-time using mplayer (no mencoder) by dumping the audio into a wav file.

Just Joined!
    i cant get mplayer to work with knoppix... so anymore recomendations... what about the lame pluggin for audacity

Just Joined!
    I had the same problem with audacity/lame. I did a "locate" on libmp3lame and found that my version was libmp3lame.so.0 The llibmp3lame.so.X lib should be in /usr/lib. When you get the error in audacity, just point it to the version of the lib that you have.