Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guy's. Been trying to get Adobe Shockwave into Debian 5.0. No success at all! I must be doing something wrong. Has anyone managed to get it in and if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Adobe Shockwave

Hi Guy's. Been trying to get Adobe Shockwave into Debian 5.0. No success at all! I must be doing something wrong. Has anyone managed to get it in and if you did, did it work okay? Hoping for answers here. Many thanks. Cypher

I don't believe shockwave is supported under linux. I understand you can get it working to some extent with WINE.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Shockwave

I've heard that the swfdec-mozilla plugin might work as well.

You do mean Shockwave, not Shockwave Flash, right?

Just Joined!

Adobe shockwave

Hi Guy's. Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did mean Shockwave Flash. I just get so many instances of being told I don't seem to have Shockwave and my Java can't be enabled.

It would be nice to watch some of the video tutorials, but I seem to be blocked every which way. I downloaded swfdec, but it never seems to surface when I try and watch the videos. Strange. Mind you I don't use Mozilla, so maybe thats why. Thanks for being so kind. Regards Cypher

Do you have the Debian Multimedia repos enabled?

Debian Multimedia Packages::Home

Then it should just be an apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree away.

You'll probably need to disable or remove swfdec-mozilla, I believe they don't play well together. I never had much luck with swfdec or gnash myself. Hopefully they'll improve enough someday that I can ditch the proprietary flash.

If you do not use Mozilla/Firefox/Iceweasel, then what do you use? The debian version of flashplugin-nonfree is corrupt so your best bet is to download the tar.gz from Adobe.com, extract it and install it.