Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Sudo allows a user administrative priveleges. The file /etc/sudoers defines which priveleges are allowed. Distros like Ubuntu grant the first user created on the system during installation full admin priveleges ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Sudo allows a user administrative priveleges. The file /etc/sudoers defines which priveleges are allowed. Distros like Ubuntu grant the first user created on the system during installation full admin priveleges with sudo, and disable the root account.

Sudoers Manual

Su stands for substitute user, I believe, and allows you to log in to the shell of another user on the system, without logging out the first user. Commonly used to log in as root to run administrative tasks.

I mistyped above, when using su and sudo together. (I'm used to just using sudo, but I couldn't recall if Debian sets that up or not.)

You should not autologin as root. Most distros disable graphically logging in as root altogether, because it's such a bad idea.

I don't know much about VMware, so can't help you there.

Just Joined!
    thnx bro.

Anyone knows howto INSTALL Tools on debian? cause i really want to make compatible with MAC operating system, but unfortunately there is an error when changing linux headers. thanx

The Ubuntu guide should be very similar to how you would do it in Debian.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VMware/Tools

Are you trying to run OS X as the guest OS? I don't think there is an official vmware tools for Mac. Here is some info on ways to try and get it working, though.

http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?o...d=33&Itemid=32

Just Joined!
    No, Mac OS is the host. Debian is guest. so the error when clickin install VMware tools - "couldn't find linux.iso to mount" or something like this..

Ah, then I would try the Ubuntu guide. Glancing through I didn't see anything that would be specific to Ubuntu and not apply to Debian.

Just Joined!
    May be the trouble is that iam using MacOS as host..whatever? this trouble can be solved..but how?..

You're going to have to post exactly what you tried and any specific error messages. We don't have enough info to try and troubleshoot further, otherwise.

Just Joined!
    first of all, is it neccesary to install tools via pressing install VMware tools? i am talkin only bout terminal commands.. is it possible to install via terminal only?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2