Find the answer to your Linux question:
When i try to play a flash video the visual works but not the audio and totem tells me i need the suitable codec which it says is gstreamer-bad and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Arrow Totem won't play flash videos

When i try to play a flash video the visual works but not the audio and totem tells me i need the suitable codec which it says is gstreamer-bad and when i attempt to install it, it says that it conflicts with gstreamer-really-bad

But if i remove gstreamer-really-bad and install gstreamer-bad totem gives me an internal data stream error instead and even visual won't work.

So i ran totem--debug and this is the terminal output with gstreamer-bad when trying to play flash video.
    gstflvdemux.c(52: gst_flv_demux_loop (): /play/decodebin0/flvdemux0:
    stream stopped, reason error
    I also ran totem --debug with gstreamer-really-bad installed and this is the output then.
    totem --debug
    ** (totem:7979): DEBUG: Init of Python module
    ** (totem:7979): DEBUG: Registering Python plugin instance: YouTube+TotemPythonPlugin
    ** (totem:7979): DEBUG: Creating object of type YouTube+TotemPythonPlugin
    ** (totem:7979): DEBUG: Creating Python plugin instance
    ** Message: don't know how to handle audio/mpeg, rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2, mpegversion=(int)4, codec_data=(buffer)1388
    ** Message: Missing plugin: gstreamer|0.10|totem|MPEG-4 AAC decoder|decoder-audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)4 (MPEG-4 AAC decoder)
    The last part looks like that may be culprit, but i still don't know what to do about it (or why gstreamer-bad results in data stream error).

Personally I've given up on totem. Why not just use flashplayer?
    Code:
    apt-get install flashplayer-nonfree
    I think.

Perhaps you will need: How to Install Adobe Flash in Debian Etch/Lenny/Sid -- Debian Admin
    Last edited by lugoteehalt; 04-03-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Additional stuff.
    All power is violence; all power is evil.
    Money As Debt