Find the answer to your Linux question:
Command : cfdisk -P s /dev/sdb gives the output FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 0: Partition ends in the final partial cylinder while "Parted -l" successfully lists the partition table ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FATAL ERROR cfdisk

Command : cfdisk -P s /dev/sdb gives the output FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 0: Partition ends in the final partial cylinder

while "Parted -l" successfully lists the partition table for the drive.

Plz explain the FATAL ERROR part. How can i list the partition table using the cfdisk command itself?

cfdisk is very senstive and doesn't edit partition tables that don't end in an specific cylinder. You can probably resize the partition using parted to use the complete cylinder. I'm not sure if this is possible. So what are you tried to do that requires cfdisk and not parted or simply fdisk?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo View Post
    cfdisk is very senstive and doesn't edit partition tables that don't end in an specific cylinder. You can probably resize the partition using parted to use the complete cylinder. I'm not sure if this is possible. So what are you tried to do that requires cfdisk and not parted or simply fdisk?
    I am trying to find out unallocated(unpartition). parted -l does not show unallocated(unpartition),
    that's why i am using cfdisk command. Could you please tell me possible way to do this?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close