Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just installed Debian & after logging in, what next? my cmd prompt says userid$$$asdafa ? Grub boot loader was installed on my system & it works fine but now I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is there 3D desktop environmnt after login?

Just installed Debian & after logging in, what next?
    my cmd prompt says
    userid$$$asdafa ?
    Grub boot loader was installed on my system & it works fine but now I want to uninstall debian, will it mess up my system. Than install something like Redhat or Fedora or something with a desktop environment so it feels cutting edge??
    Any help appreciated?

Just Joined!
    Depends how you system is set up at the moment.
    In general you don't need to uninstall. Put the Fedora-installation-CD into the CDrom, make sure it boots from it, and during installation point it to the partition where Debian is installed at the moment.
    With some kind of dual/multi-OS you might want to run a live-CD and do a bit of partitioning with gparted beforehand (say delete all partitions you don't want no more). No biggie.

PS: you probably didn't select <desktop-environment> during the installation of Debian. You might try:
    su
    apt-get install xorg fluxbox
    exit
    startx
    and that should give you a graphical user interface. If it doesn't move on to Fedora, if it does install the environment of choice (and either keep the 5MB of fluxbox or remove it).