Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am trying to port JooJoo OS to O2 Joggler. 'til now I have done the following things. 1. formatted a usb pen drive in two partitions: one 100 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Working on the port of JooJoo OS for O2 Joggler

Hi,
    I am trying to port JooJoo OS to O2 Joggler.
    'til now I have done the following things.
    1. formatted a usb pen drive in two partitions: one 100 mb for the efi and one for the JooJoo OS.
    IMPORTANT: make sure you do all the work of the steps 3 and 4 with the cp and tar terminal commands! normal gui operations doesn't work well.
    2. got the JooJoo OS version 0.1.5 from the JooJoo Unofficial Forum and extracted it on the JooJoo OS partition:
    3. got the file named efi.tar.gz from jogglerwiki.info and placed on the efi partition:
    SUGGESTION: attach an usb hub to the joggler, you will probably need to hit control need sometime in the boot.
    4. After I hit ctrl+D because the filesystem check failed the boot continued but the it hangs at:
    Code:
    modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.33.2/modules/modules.dep: no such file or directory

giving up.
    xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
    xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
    Any suggestions?

It would be awesome to port JooJoo OS to O2 Joggler!

Just Joined!
    The problem is that you also need to create a new initrd for the joggler, with USB kernel modules loaded!

Please check this post, Part B is relevant (won't let me post URL's so you need to replace hxxp and vvv)

hxxp://vvv.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=515
    I'm working on getting openSUSE working on it - it's mostly done, just got to tie up a few loose ends, and get a few bits working properly.

If you could upload a complete dd dump of JooJoo - from your current memory stick/SD card I can try and also get this to work. tar/zip it please - take its only about 200Mb or so?
    Last edited by rash.m2k; 09-29-2010 at 02:49 PM.