Find the answer to your Linux question:
Have been working on a compaq 610 (64-bit) wireless drivers. I have installed all drivers available for wireless devices from its repo but still, the wireless device isn't working. it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry where do I find compaq wireless driver?

Have been working on a compaq 610 (64-bit) wireless drivers. I have installed all drivers available for wireless devices from its repo but still, the wireless device isn't working. it does fine in windoz.

Help me find the wireless drivers for this netbook...fast.

We need to know the chipset of the wireless card.

Open a terminal and post the output of
    Code:
    lspci -vnn
    lsmod

Just Joined!
    Realtek TRL8191 SEvA wireless device (rev 10)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

You didn't post the information I asked for, so it's difficult to help more specifically.

In general, assuming you're running Debian Stable, to get what is probably the correct driver (for RTL819x series cards), you need to upgrade your kernel. Directions to do so are in the link. You need to add Debian backports to your sources.list, update, and install the new kernel.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    You didn't post the information I asked for, so it's difficult to help more specifically.

In general, assuming you're running Debian Stable, to get what is probably the correct driver (for RTL819x series cards), you need to upgrade your kernel. Directions to do so are in the link. You need to add Debian backports to your sources.list, update, and install the new kernel.
    Illustrate how please...

This thread is getting confusing. Are we talking to njuguna (the OP) or to hughes_net? Which answer goes to which poster?

jdk

Just Joined!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jdkaye View Post
    This thread is getting confusing. Are we talking to njuguna (the OP) or to hughes_net? Which answer goes to which poster?

jdk
    Sorry for the supposed confusion...

Njuguna is the poster of this thread. Responses regarding solving this problem are directed to him. Understood?

Sorry reed9 is this what you asked for?

10:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SevA Wireless Controller (rev 10)

In addition, a classmate of mine having the same netbook but running suse 11.3 kernel version 2.6.34 - 12 is having this problem as well.
    Last edited by njuguna; 09-21-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Adding more problem than current.

Just Joined!
    Ok. i compiled a unstable kernel 2.6.35 - 5 but still no drivers. If there aer commands to use,... help me or I get forced to dump this surprising useless netbook!

10:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SevA Wireless Controller (rev 10)
    rtl819x - Debian Wiki