Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello there. Few days ago, I installed CUPS, on my router, thus replacing p910nd little daemon. On my linux machines it works perfect. The CUPS server on my usual machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cups - samba - win xp problem

Hello there.

Few days ago, I installed CUPS, on my router, thus replacing p910nd little daemon.

On my linux machines it works perfect. The CUPS server on my usual machine recognized them imediatly.

My Windows 7 also recognized the printer and works well (it does have a little delay when I use the print command (until it detects the printer), but I'm OK with it.).

Problem is and old computer used by my parents, which has Win XP. On that one spoolsv is giving me head aches. It just enters an endless loop and never finishes installing.

I give u here my configs from CUPS and SAMBA. If u notice smth that is wrong, please tell me.

What I can give u, more, is that I installed the printer drivers on each OS, especially when they're not all x86.

You have the configs attached. Dunno why it detects URLs in them and this is my 1st post.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just Joined!
    just see a tutorial about installing printer via samba at linuxdedicatedwarnet.com/dedicatedLinuxSharingPrinterDriver.html

may be it can help you...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by chocodot View Post
    just see a tutorial about installing printer via samba at linuxdedicatedwarnet.com/dedicatedLinuxSharingPrinterDriver.html

may be it can help you...
    It's CLI. It's a router. So no automated configs. But 10x.
    I'm gonna make a virtual machine, do what the guys say, and copy the configs if possible.

Till then, any other ideas, please?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close