Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I have run into problems playing pogo.com card games on any variety of linux I choose. It seems to happen with all recent distributions. But it didn't in earlier ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Unhappy Pogo Game Problems (Java)

Hello. I have run into problems playing pogo.com card games on any variety of linux I choose. It seems to happen with all recent distributions. But it didn't in earlier releases.

The problem is that after a few times joining a game to play cards, the game table will not load. It seems like something times-out and just shuts down the loading process.

With Linux Mint 10, something additional happens. The screen actually dims down a whole lot like you are in a dark room with no lights on.

My only solution to this problem is to close out of firefox and reloading. I've tried clearing the firefox cache and java cache but this doesn't seem to help much.

Now I'm not a computer genius, but if I install Linux Mint 8 XFCE or any version of linux that old, then I don't have the problem -- i.e. the game table loads quickly.

I play on pogo a lot and have a membership. Its disappointing to realize that I have to reboot into Windows 7 to play the games without having them freeze up.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by nbob; 12-07-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Interesting, my wife plays all the time on my Gentoo machine....as a matter of fact, she just finished about 10 minutes ago...I would look at Java or Flash as the culprit, whichever pogo uses....I don't really have time to check right now.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Newbie
    I think I found the culprit. After Disabling about half of my firefox addons, things are running fine. Apparently they were memory suckers.