Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all I'm really new to Linux, but I have a pretty basic grasp on it. At work I'm attempting to set up a wireless microcontroller for database functions. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

TS-7553 Microcontroller Network

Hey all
    I'm really new to Linux, but I have a pretty basic grasp on it.
    At work I'm attempting to set up a wireless microcontroller for database functions. I need it to connect to the internet via wireless and probably ethernet as well. I have it in my office, and I've been messing around with it for days attempting to get it to work as I had planned.

Right now, I'm able to connect to it wirelessly after boot-up. It has a wireless card in one of the usb slots. It's named rausb2 for some reason, but it works.
    Using:
    iwconfig rausb2 essid NetName key NetKey
    and:
    ifconfig eth0 down
    I'm able to connect completely wirelessly, as desired. Only problem is that after booting down via unplugging the micro-controller (simulating a power-failure, which may be common in its future environment) all the wireless connections are lost and I must default to eth0 again.

I've tried to edit /etc/network/interfaces in order to auto load the IP addresses, so that a future user doesn't need to use iwconfig. My /interfaces is similar to this after editting:

# Used by ifup and ifdown. See the interfaces(5) manpage or
    # /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples for more information.

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
    #iface eth0 inet dhcp
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.80
    network 192.168.0.0
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    broadcast 192.168.0.255
    gateway 192.168.0.1

auto rausb2
    iface rausb2 inet static
    address 192.168.1.90
    network 192.168.0.0
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    broadcast 192.168.1.255
    gateway 192.168.0.1
    wireless-essid NetName
    wireless-key XXXXXXXXXX

#auto eth1
    #iface eth1 inet dhcp

When I attempt a power-down and boot-up, checking the ifconfig and iwconfig or the rausb2 show that the addresses and such have been loaded, yet the essid and keys are not. I'm sure I've missed something very simple, but if you have any suggestions, let me know
    The network is WEP so I'm using a 10 digit hex pass.

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I have a TS-7553 also and I was wondering if you were able to resolve your problem. I have some issues here too and there does not seem to be much help available for setting up these boards, which is a shame as the hardware is very nice.
    Didier