Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I try to load a game, I get an error saying Could not find a compatibile OpenGL display resolution. Please check your driver configuration. (Error: Couldnt find matching GLX ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OpenGL display error loading game

When I try to load a game, I get an error saying
    Could not find a compatibile OpenGL display resolution. Please check your driver configuration. (Error: Couldnt find matching GLX visual)

Can someone help me? I'm a noob by the way =)

Linux Engineer
    When posting questions, please be as verbose as possible while keeping it terse and to the point. (I know this sounds oxymoronic, but once you get used to the way geeks talk, it'll make sense.) Also, when asking questions, post the hardware specs for the hardware involved, the program you are trying to run, the *exact* error message, and steps you have taken to resolve the problem that have failed. Also, the output of lspci can occasionally be helpful if the problem is finding what driver is needed for a particular piece of hardware.

It is bad form to just post "This doesn't work. This is the error: Foo failed because bar doesn't exist." That tells us nothing and will get you nothing. You must explain in clear English what it is that has gone wrong.

Thank you.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!
    Ok. I'm running an Xbox.
    "The Xbox is a legacy-free PC by Microsoft that consists of an Intel Celeron 733 MHz CPU, an nVidia GeForce 3MX, 64 MB of RAM, a 8/10 GB hard disk, a DVD drive and 10/100 Ethernet. As on every PC, you can run Linux on it."

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    have you downloaded and installed the Linux nVidia drivers from http://www.nvidia.com ??
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Just Joined!
    No, will this affect playing the xbox without running linux?

Linux Engineer
    no.. they are linux drivers for nVidia video cards

~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org