Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rokytnji
O.K. I'm posting this question in the Debian forum because I just downloaded BackTrack5 which i believe is Debian and I keep getting this error message when i try to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Error Message: "could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface"

O.K. I'm posting this question in the Debian forum because I just downloaded BackTrack5 which i believe is Debian and I keep getting this error message when i try to view the current wireless networks available "could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface. Check the wicd log for error messages". First of all I have posted this question on the BackTrack forum also. Second, if anyone knows, how do i check the wicd log?

BTW I'm running BT5 from disk using Virtual Box.

how do i check the wicd log?
    Look in /var/log/.wicd folder for wicd log files.

Code:
    sudo nano /var/log/wicd/wicd.log
    You can substitute nano for any other text editor like geany or leafpad if you wish. You can also just open your file manager (may have to open it as root to read the text file though, I get permission denied in rox file manager as user) and open the log as text with right click. I don't Backtrack. Advising you from AntiX. So not sure what file manager backtrack uses or text editors either.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

If not already performed, add your regular user account to the netdev group and reload DBus:
    from step 3 in the wicd section under the debian wiki

WiFi/HowToUse - Debian Wiki
    MikeTbob likes this.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home