Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I'm having a few issues with Debian squeeze and Wicd. I can sometimes connect to my wireless router fine but sometimes Wicd keeps say "Bad password. I'm using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Debian wicd random "bad password"

Hi all. I'm having a few issues with Debian squeeze and Wicd. I can sometimes connect to my wireless router fine but sometimes Wicd keeps say "Bad password. I'm using WPA and i know the password is right. Also when i first turn the computer on it will sometimes connect fine but then when it does after a few minutes it will lose it's connection and sometimes connect again fine but other times it will come up "Bad password". Does anyone have any idea why it's acting like this?

The computer is a IBM R40e and i'm using a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter.

Seems more like an issue of signal strength/RFI than with Wicd itself. If you can pick up other access points in your area, check which channels they're using and set up your router to broadcast on a different channel.

Just Joined!
    Are you sure you don't have any other wireless network management tools running?
    Even if it is just wpa_supplicant running on its own instead as a backend to wicd. I had the exact same problem only on Gentoo and I discovered it was because I had wpa_supplicent set to start with the system on its own.