Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

JAVA, should be an easy fix but im stuck plz help!

ok im on mephis on my D610
    i installed java and it took me over an hour to finally get java to load in firefox by switching from icedtea to java by doing this... chayx/2011/06/how-to-switch-firefox-java-plugin-to-sun-java-on-ubuntu-linux.html]How to switch Firefox Java plugin to Sun Java on Ubuntu Linux - Chayx.net

THENNN i foolishly unistalled Sun Java(TM) Development Kit (JDK) 6 thinking it was just extra. i thought i only needed Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 and the plugins, anyway, after reinstalling it and restarting and checking to see if the settings stayed the same by following the instructions in the link above and they were, however the java app that was working before i uninstalled the development kit wont load and gives the following message....
    Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26
    Using JRE version 1.6.0_26-b03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

exception: JNLP file error: addonchat-signed-en.jnlp. Please make sure the file exists and check if "codebase" and "href" in the JNLP file are correct..
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: JNLP file error: addonchat-signed-en.jnlp. Please make sure the file exists and check if "codebase" and "href" in the JNLP file are correct.
    at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.loadJarFiles(JNLP2 Manager.java:441)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionR unnable.run(Plugin2Manager.java:1496)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: JNLP file error: addonchat-signed-en.jnlp. Please make sure the file exists and check if "codebase" and "href" in the JNLP file are correct.

what did i doooo ughh should it be this hard to get it working like i had before right, i cant find anything online!
    Last edited by jaredfelix; 01-31-2012 at 09:54 PM.

why would the application fail to run? everything is in the right place...