Find the answer to your Linux question:
Where can I download the x64 version meant for intel-based PC's? I searched the site, and it seemed to only have x64 version for amd based pc's. 32bit version listed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help me download this distro

Where can I download the x64 version meant for intel-based PC's? I searched the site, and it seemed to only have x64 version for amd based pc's. 32bit version listed 386.

Link appreciated. Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Which distro?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryR View Post
    Where can I download the x64 version meant for intel-based PC's? I searched the site, and it seemed to only have x64 version for amd based pc's. 32bit version listed 386.
    Hello and welcome!

Here's a download page for Debian 64-bit if that's what you are looking for:

Index of /debian-cd/6.0.4/amd64/iso-cd

The amd64 downloads are for amd or intel processors.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Hello and welcome!

Here's a download page for Debian 64-bit if that's what you are looking for:
    Thanks for the link!

Just Joined!
    So I checked out the cd and dvd sections and it seemed that there were 52 cd isos for 6.0.4, and 8 DVDs. Is this correct? (the numbers for 6.0.4 goes up to 52). Is Debian really something like 32GB? I dont mind a large size but I'd rather not download more than I need to start.

So I checked out the cd and dvd sections and it seemed that there were 52 cd isos for 6.0.4, and 8 DVDs. Is this correct? (the numbers for 6.0.4 goes up to 52). Is Debian really something like 32GB? I dont mind a large size but I'd rather not download more than I need to start.
    1st cd or dvd iso should be all you need to get started. The others are for installing packages if no net access during install procedure.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    I dont mind a large size but I'd rather not download more than I need to start.
    It's been a few years since I last installed Debian, but my own favorite way to install it is by using the "businesscard" iso. It's the most basic of minimal systems with just enough in it to get you online so you can then do a network install and download only what you need or want on your computer:

http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/
    oz

The first disc is all you need for a usable installation.
    The remaining discs are pretty much the entire Debian repository.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.