Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I removed and purged 'flashplayer-nonfree' and Iceweasel is working fine with Gnash. I find Gnash very slow and it's only working for youtube.com. On my other sites is not working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    srj

I removed and purged 'flashplayer-nonfree' and Iceweasel is working fine with Gnash. I find Gnash very slow and it's only working for youtube.com. On my other sites is not working at all so it's not an option for me.
    Reinstalled 'flashplayer-nonfree' and got the same issue back.

On the internet I found other similar issue threads and the main discussion was about Application - OS compatibilities. (32vs64). My Debian is a 32-bit version and I guess the applications are the same. I'm not an expert on the subject but I think my CPU is running on 64bit.

This is not the first time I'm using 32-bit Debian on the same workstation and it worked without issues before. (this is the first time I'm using the GNOME version).

I cannot tell you how well my set-up works with YouTube, because YouTube is banned where I live.

If you are using the 32-bit system on a 64-bit computer, that may be the problem. There could have been some deleterious changes since the last time you used Debian, but that is pure speculation on my part, not knowledge.

It could also be a Gnome issue, but I doubt it. I use Openbox, so I do not know the current state of Gnome.

Code:
    (firefox-bin:2122): Bonobo-WARNING **: Bonobo must be initialized before use
    Could you be missing this?
    ]Bonobo interfaces, enabling developers to create reusable components and applications that can be used to form more complex documents.

srj
    Hello all,

The issue is now solved and I also found the cause.

Today I reinstalled my entire system with the AMD64 architecture and by going from scratch all over again with the installation I managed to see where the issue was.

When I first installed the system I went to Nvidia to get the driver and all went fine except a blueish tone on all my flash videos. This happened on the previous installation too and to fix it I created a new file '/etc/adobe/mms.cfg' containing:

Code:
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    OverrideGPUValidation=true
    During today's installation I tested the Flash Player after each step and this little file from above was the reason for all my troubles. I removed the file and it's working for 30 minutes now without a single crash.

PS: I think the blueish tone is a bug for Nvidia users and I got it solved without the 'mms.cfg' file. Just right click on the movie and remove hardware acceleration, this solved it for me.

Thank you all for the suggestions and help,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2