Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I have Squeeze. My apache2 -k start (or restart) doesn't work to me. It says: Code: apache2: bad user name ${APACHE_RUN_USER}...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I have Squeeze. My apache2 -k start (or restart) doesn't work to me. It says:

Code:
    apache2: bad user name ${APACHE_RUN_USER}

Linux Engineer
    The typical command to start and stop services (such as apache2) is
    service apache2 start
    service apache2 stop
    service apache2 restart
    etc.

Did you install apache2 from the Repos?

Also, default username for apache2 in debian is www-data, not apache (that is RHEL based distros).

Is this your first time using apache?

Just Joined!
    I used tasksel for installing apache (as Web server) and this is the first time I use it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I solved the problem myself: I removed mumble-django. Apache started successfully. But it still don't load the web. Firefox says something like: Connection was reset whlie loading the page.

error.log says something about segmetation fault every time I try to connect to 127.0.0.1 (localhost redirects me to search on google). exactly:

Code:
    [Thu Jul 19 18:26:38 2012] [notice] child pid 23285 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
    Has anyone any ideas?

Just Joined!
    I found I get segmentation fault only when I have in /var/www index with .php suffix. index.html works normally, but if I rename it from index.html to index.php, I get the fault.

I really don't know, what to do with this.

Linux Engineer
    The problem is that you're trying to accomplish tasks, but you're don't understand what you're doing. That is okay. First, you need to learn about webservers and web server software.

I suggest you start a new thread, something along the lines of:

Hi, I'm running Debian Squeeze stable. I want to install wordpress (or whatever you are trying to run) on my system, and have it display properly. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Or, you can google the term "LAMP" and read about that. That stand for Linux Apache MySQL Perl/PHP. That is the basic webserver 'stack'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2