Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hallo, I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of Debian via Virtualbox. I am currently in the process of acquiring (downloading) gdm3 but I would like to know ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Getting Gnome 3 on Debian (netinstall)

Hallo, I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of Debian via Virtualbox. I am currently in the process of acquiring (downloading) gdm3 but I would like to know which version of Gnome is supplied if I apt-get gnome-core as it appears to be version 2.3?

Also, how can I check the version or which repository can I add to sources.list to obtain Gnome 3?

Sorry for the bombardment with questions, I have not used Linux as my primary OS for about two years due to not having internet and I have forgotten so much.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    On Debian stable (squeeze) it's not going to happen. Here is a way to get it on Testing
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    On Debian stable (squeeze) it's not going to happen. Here is a way to get it on Testing
    Thank you, will have a look at it as soon as my current updates are finished downloading and installing.