Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't seem to get the driver working for my 7970m. After installing it, I reboot and when I try running AMD Catalyst Control Center, I get message saying "There ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

7970m Driver Issue

I can't seem to get the driver working for my 7970m. After installing it, I reboot and when I try running AMD Catalyst Control Center, I get message saying "There was a problem initializing Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition. It could be caused by the following. No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware, or configure using aticonfig"

I have tried the latest drivers for lunix on the AMD website. I figure I would post here first as most people with a 7970m GPU would be on this site

Any suggestions? :P

What computer do you have and what does running aticonfig in terminal do for you?

Just Joined!
    It is an Alienware m17x r4. I can't remember what it said in the terminal but i't cant detect my card. I think the problem is that I have an ati card as well as intel graphics. In the bios im going to try disabling my intel graphics because i think its getting confused and it can only see the intel graphics, not my ati card.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    It's worth a try.

Since it appears you might have an error in your driver, try re-installing it to see if that clears the problem.
    Registered Linux user #526930