Find the answer to your Linux question:
Could someone tell me a site where I can download the PHP module mysql.so or give me an advise on how to install it in Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) distribution. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Problems with PHP 5.3.3-7 extension=mysql.so -

Could someone tell me a site where I can download the PHP module mysql.so or give me an advise on how to install it in Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) distribution. I was trying:

./configure --with-mysql /usr/bin/mysql_config

but there´s no such file in my PC and no trace of mysql.so in the File System...

Thanks

Linux Guru
    You should be able to install mysql, php, apache from the Debian repositories:

Installing Apache2 With PHP5 And MySQL Support On Debian Squeeze (LAMP) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

Just Joined!
    Ok... Thanks yancek but, I already installed mysql, php, apache, but something is missing in PHP compiled modules because I can not use the mysql extension. The php.ini does not have something like ´extension=mysql.so´ in the Modules Settings as it use to have in Win32 distribution. In the other hand I can´t use apt-get because of the proxies, of my hometown and my country, and also the BW don´t allow me to connect to any repository. I had to install the packages with dpkg, and they run well in the shell till now. So that´s why I have to try other options insted of reinstall it, I mean download the mysql.so file or whatever that let me use PHP and MySQL properly...

Thanks anyway

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    with debian you just open a terminal window [if you are running in GUI mode] and issue the command sudo apt-get install php5-mysql to install the mysql module.

EDIT: oops, just noticed you can't use apt-get.
    maybe this link will help you.
    Code:
    http ://packages.debian.org/squeeze/php5-mysql
    EDIT2: Scroll down to Download section and click on link on left side that corresponds to the system [architecture] you are using.
    It will take you to another page with a link to download the DEB package.

Quote Originally Posted by Addmaxine View Post
    Could someone tell me a site where I can download the PHP module mysql.so or give me an advise on how to install it in Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) distribution. I was trying:

./configure --with-mysql /usr/bin/mysql_config
    It looks like you're using that option incorrectly. Give
    Code:
    ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql
    a try and see how you get on with that.