Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys. I've installed the Gufw for ufw yesterday. i tried it today and well nothing. I see no gui for ufw. Have any of you had any similar problems ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem running gui part in ufw the gufw

Hi guys. I've installed the Gufw for ufw yesterday.
    i tried it today and well nothing. I see no gui for ufw.
    Have any of you had any similar problems with gufw on Debian ?

If i would want to open a port for ssh, ftp on my server
    how should one do it. I am new to ufw or if you could recommend some other firewall. The default is to deny all incoming on ufw when running so that's good Thanks in advance guys..

Sry guys i did notice that this should perhaps have been posted under security questions

For me there is no substitute for using iptables directly. If I wanted to open up FTP and SSH, I'd run the following commands:
    Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
    Once you learn to use iptables it just becomes a lot easier to type it out on the command line. The INPUT table means traffic coming into the machine, eth0 is the interface it's coming in on (you can view your interfaces with /sbin/ifconfig), tcp is the protocol, 22 is the port for SSH, and finally the rule is that the traffic is accepted.

Just Joined!
    If you installed gufw from the repositories, you should have /usr/bin/gufw

You can run

dpkg-query --listfiles gufw

to show what files were installed by the package. You are looking for the gufw executable file. I am running kUbuntu and it's /usr/bin/gufw , but it is possible it might be in /usr/sbin/gufw, in which case you would have to be root to run it. You are running a graphical desktop like gnome, xfce, or kde, right? If not, you will have no gui.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close