Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new to Ubuntu. I have been using windows vista before I decided to try Ubuntu, and I have successfully mounted my old drive to Ubuntu. I can enter ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Entering a mounted drive throught the terminal

Hi,

I'm new to Ubuntu. I have been using windows vista before I decided to try Ubuntu, and I have successfully mounted my old drive to Ubuntu. I can enter it fine from the GUI, but I can't figure out how to do it through the terminal. when i cd to /media, I can see my ACER drive, but I dont know how to enter it. Could anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Try this:
    Code:
    cd /media
    ls -l
    You'll see the list of files and directories listed. From there, you can cd into the sub-directories.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I would suggest you to check Linuxcommand.org. A very good site to learn basic Linux commands.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thank you for your replies,

I'm sorry, I think I was a little unclear in my question. I already tried to cd into the mounted hard drive, but I got an error. Something along the lines of "can't cd into the device". I can check what the exact error I'm getting is when I get home. When I run ls, the ACER har drive shows up in blue.

Post the output of this command here :
    Code:
    df -h
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First