Find the answer to your Linux question:
i was working with superuser and rebooted and lost keyboard and cursor i can see cursor , only way to move it is too plug in usb mouse, same with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

keyboard and cursor stopped working debian on laptop

i was working with superuser and rebooted and lost keyboard and cursor i can see cursor , only way to move it is too plug in usb mouse, same with keyboard usb plugin and works, at start it reads the undeverror is allready loaded or workink, iam lost can i reload just drivers grub version 1.98 squeeze1

Trusted Penguin
    Hello and welcome!

You lost keyboard and cursor, but you say you plug in USB keyboard/mouse and you're good...so what is your original keyboard / mouse...built into laptop? PS/2?

at start it reads the undeverror is allready loaded
    What do you mean here, exactly?

can i reload just drivers grub version 1.98 squeeze1
    You should not need to reload any drivers, unless you deleted something. Did you delete anything, particularly in /lib/modules?

You said you are running "squeeze1", do you mean Debian Squeeze 6.x?

Have you tried to boot into Recovery mode (assuming that is an entry at the grub prompt)? In any case, it might be worth trying to boot into runlevel 1/single user mode.

Once you are in, check /var/log/syslog or dmesg for interesting output.

Just Joined!

cursor hanging

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Hello and welcome!

You lost keyboard and cursor, but you say you plug in USB keyboard/mouse and you're good...so what is your original keyboard / mouse...built into laptop? PS/2?

What do you mean here, exactly?

You should not need to reload any drivers, unless you deleted something. Did you delete anything, particularly in /lib/modules?

You said you are running "squeeze1", do you mean Debian Squeeze 6.x?

Have you tried to boot into Recovery mode (assuming that is an entry at the grub prompt)? In any case, it might be worth trying to boot into runlevel 1/single user mode.

Once you are in, check /var/log/syslog or dmesg for interesting output.
    thanks for reply, as you can see iam new too linux, i have a presario 700 laptop,debian works almost flawless, on the grub boot i can see a fail in on the boot screen, says undeverro is already running and gives a code like 915 or 951 almost different every time. please be patient with me iam used too ms windows and do not know a lot of computer lingo,when the cursor and keyb freezes i have to un plug usb mouse and kb then repug usb then they work but keypad and kb on laptop are still locked, may have accidentally deleted something , running squeeze 1.98 i believe will nedd too reboot to check, i tried recovery mode but iam lost i need some one too walk me through ,i have a desktop i can use while working on laptop, see the part about using single user iam lost, i can get too recovery mode and grub, got one message to go to xorg.com please try to reply thanks anthony

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    o.k. if i remember i loaded debian 9 at boot it reads grub version 1.98+201******** squeeze 1, then at the fail point on boot it reads starting hot plug event dispatcher, control binding

Just Joined!
    in recovery mode it ask to give root password or type Control-D to continue , do not know ? back to os boot starting hot plug event dispatcher, undeverror binding control socket what a mess . also when system was running good the page would freeze some times, i would reopen internet iceweasel then force close page and it would reopen working again, what a mess have i !
    thanks anthony

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by fest777 View Post
    back to os boot starting hot plug event dispatcher, undeverror binding control socket what a mess .
    Hi,

I believe your udev problem is discussed on this Debian bug report:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=624469

Attempt to follow the steps suggested there to further troubleshoot the problem (i.e, booting with init=/bin/bash and executing the init script manually).

Some alternatives would be:
    • Try the previous version of Debian.
    • If you have enabled unstable in your sources, reinstall and do not use unstable when updating.
    • Try the latest version of Ubuntu (based on Debian)

Let use know how you get on.