Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, when i am installing Debian 6, i entered the "expert install" all phases were installed correctly, but in 'detect network card" it is failed to detect and asked ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Guntur, Andhra pradesh, India, Asia, Earth, Solar system

Smile Problem in installing Debian

Hi guys, when i am installing Debian 6, i entered the "expert install" all phases were installed correctly, but in 'detect network card" it is failed to detect and asked to select manually, i didn't find my network card and i tried o select all one by one but it's not accepting.
    when i used automated install it's perfectly installed but network configuration is not accepting and internet was not coming, please give answer.
    Thank you guys.

Linux Guru
    And what might that network card be? You would need to tell us before someone knowledgeable would be able to help. Also, wired or wireless? To get this info, open a terminal and run the lspci command shown in the link below. Reading the link will probably help you and if you do have a wireless card, it should definitely help.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html

Its a wired. I mean its is not detecting the network card and also while i selected the software packages to be installed some of them are not installing, its is not showing in particular what error but saying some package is unable to install so the GRUB is also not installing and exiting to main setup menu

Quote Originally Posted by satyasaran View Post
    Its a wired. I mean its is not detecting the network card and also while i selected the software packages to be installed some of them are not installing, its is not showing in particular what error but saying some package is unable to install so the GRUB is also not installing and exiting to main setup menu
    You probably downloaded a bad image, are you installing from a full dvd image or is a net-install? also have you tried to run a live cd to see if your network card is detected?

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded full dvd image. Yes tried live but not detected.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    The output of the command
    Code:
    lspci | grep ethernet
    should show which network card you have.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent