Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Waterhead, I have tried using the built in commands, but they have no explanation in some fields, so I end up looking them up in the man pages. Some are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Waterhead, I have tried using the built in commands, but they have no explanation in some fields, so I end up looking them up in the man pages. Some are simple enough, but things like encryption you need to look up so you can see how many bytes are used. Even though some items are a problem, where I seem to have a tough time is when I can see the device via 'iwlist wlan0 scan' but cannot find a 'connect' option. When the printer or iPhone shows up it doesn't just connect to it.

By the way, previous to iPhone 4, you could only connect via Bluetooth or via USB, the 4 model opened up with the transmitting WiFi so you could do everything via WiFi, Bluetooth or USB. I know OS 6.0 has the option to update iTunes via WiFi.

Its looking like I will have to re-install the system anyway. I keep getting some kind of error during shutdown that return an 8 for the error code. I have your drivers on another media so I can put it in if I do need to re-install. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Jack
    Last edited by jkwilborn; 12-23-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: wrong code sequence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2