Find the answer to your Linux question:
It's a really nice distro, but I've always had problems installing it. It uses an installer that you're forced to deal with partitions and stuff like that, no idea how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anyone know how to install Solus OS (Debian based)

It's a really nice distro, but I've always had problems installing it. It uses an installer that you're forced to deal with partitions and stuff like that, no idea how to use it.

Linux Guru
    Pretty much any installer will force you to do that unless you select the option to "erase disk and intall". You haven't really posted enough information for anyone to help you so answers to these questions would be a start:
    Is Solus going to be the only system?
    Do you have anything on the computer you want to save? Another OS? Data partition?
    Is is a Desktop? or laptop? how were you going to install, from a CD/DVD? flash drive?
    If you have an installation disk or flash drive, you could boot it up and post partition information, either with: sudo fdisk -l, or logging in as root user and running: fdisk -l (Lower case letter L in the command) and post that info here.
    Without knowing your intentions it will be difficult to give advice.

yancek is correct, but if you choose to go your own way, first look where a search could easily take you -- here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    1) This Solus version is an alpha (might not keep it for long) and I already have Crunchbang installed so dual boot
    2)laptop/ DVD install

Linux Guru
    OK. So where's the drive/partition info from fdisk? That would be necessary before anyone could give you specific advice.
    Last edited by yancek; 01-18-2013 at 02:36 PM.