Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, This is my first post. I am constantly on this site getting information so I may as well try to ask this following question: My co-workers all use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Accepting 2010 Exchange task requests in evolution 3.4.4 or greater

Hello all,

This is my first post.

I am constantly on this site getting information so I may as well try to ask this following question:

My co-workers all use Windows boxes and I use Debian Wheezy (main contrib non-free)

I have exchange access setup in Evolution as EWS (Exchange Web Services) and it's working fine accept for one thing. Task requests are coming in as .dat

I can't seem to get MAPI to work through evolution and I am wondering if there is some source or plugin I can use to for evolution tasks. If I can't this to work, I will have to say goodbye to Linux / Debian in the work place because I NEED to be able to accept tasks. (and no OWA doesn't allow acceptence, it's MS's way of screwing everyone over).

I have added ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free and ran update/ install for all the latest evolution, evolution-data-server, and did build-dep for both before doing so, but after a reboot evolution still loads on version 3.4.4 (which is what it was before adding unstable to the repository). I can't compile from source for evolution because debian is behind on the libemail-engine repository (as in it doesn't exists and this is it's 3rd years so I don't know if it's going to exist).

I tried downloading the latest from git but the same story, needs to the libemail-engine to compile from source.

Please let me know if there are any known ways to accept MS Exchange 2010 requests in Evolution, otherwise I need to format and head over to windows.

Hi, I never could make evoultion work properly with exchange using the plugin or EWS, so I resorted to POP3+SMTP,it has been working fine so far.

Just Joined!
    Well regadless if it's pop3, imap+, exchange or something else, you still can't accept 2010 Tasks requests, so it still won't fit your business needs

Quote Originally Posted by arespi View Post
    Hi, I never could make evoultion work properly with exchange using the plugin or EWS, so I resorted to POP3+SMTP,it has been working fine so far.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close