Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
open up a terminal and type the following and post the output Code: find ./ -iname "hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz" This should return the location of the downloaded file. The error is basically ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #11
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    98

    open up a terminal and type the following and post the output
    Code:
    find ./ -iname "hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz"
    This should return the location of the downloaded file. The error is basically saying that it can't find the file. one thing you might try is putting a ./ directly in front of the filename.

  2. #12
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdtux View Post
    open up a terminal and type the following and post the output
    Code:
    find ./ -iname "hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz"
    This should return the location of the downloaded file. The error is basically saying that it can't find the file. one thing you might try is putting a ./ directly in front of the filename.
    Ok, thanks. I might be mistaken, but did that just install it ready to use? I plugged it in and now it shows 2 connections to the same router with 2 different IP's

  3. #13
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    98
    you can get the IP address by doing the following
    Code:
    ifconfig
    from a terminal. Depending on what Display Manager you are using it might show up also. normally your first wireless adapter will be wlan0 and your first ethernet will be eth0. If you did get your wireless working than that driver was probably already pre-installed with your distrobution.

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #14
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdtux View Post
    you can get the IP address by doing the following
    Code:
    ifconfig
    from a terminal. Depending on what Display Manager you are using it might show up also. normally your first wireless adapter will be wlan0 and your first ethernet will be eth0. If you did get your wireless working than that driver was probably already pre-installed with your distrobution.
    I just clicked on my wifi icon cause it showed a notification on my screen that I connected when I already was. I then clicked on connection info and it shows 2 dif IP and wlan0 and wlan1 both connected. One is at 18MBPS and the other at 54MBPS. No wires, I run off my friendly downstairs neighbors wifi cause he is so generous as to leave it unlocked for his neighbors. Really nice guy. He's Russian. Yep, I double checked, it's up and running, thank you very much. I posted on several Linux forums and this was the first reply. Been waiting about a week, so I found this forum and tried here. Glad I did.

  6. #15
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi88 View Post
    I just clicked on my wifi icon cause it showed a notification on my screen that I connected when I already was. I then clicked on connection info and it shows 2 dif IP and wlan0 and wlan1 both connected. One is at 18MBPS and the other at 54MBPS. No wires, I run off my friendly downstairs neighbors wifi cause he is so generous as to leave it unlocked for his neighbors. Really nice guy. He's Russian.
    That is mighty swell of him. Well the good news is that it seems that both of those are connected and working. I would the 11 mbps adapter as that is the older one and may cause weird routing issues.

  7. #16
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdtux View Post
    That is mighty swell of him. Well the good news is that it seems that both of those are connected and working. I would the 11 mbps adapter as that is the older one and may cause weird routing issues.
    I wanted for my other PC cause the internal wifi card broke where the antenna is connected. I'm running Ubuntu in my other, but am planning on making the switch to Solus on that one as well. I just love the way it "just runs and works" Just gotta transfer my files first. About 60GB of movies and music doing transfers with an 8GB flash. LOL. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate. I'm gonna see if I have any success on that other one too. I wanna give one to a friend cause I convinced him to go Linux!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •