Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I am running Solus OS stable. I need to know where and how to get and install the driver on this OS for the Linksys WUSB11v4. Thank you....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linksys WUSB11v4 drivers

I am running Solus OS stable. I need to know where and how to get and install the driver on this OS for the Linksys WUSB11v4. Thank you.

Just Joined!
    Can you post the chipset that this uses? you should be able to get this by typeing
    Code:
    lsusb
    you may have to install the usbutils.

After that you should be able to see a format similar to 02:00.0. Look for this number next to your linksys device. Then type
    Code:
    lsusb -s <number> -vv
    and we should be able to find your chipset for this device.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdtux View Post
    Can you post the chipset that this uses? you should be able to get this by typeing
    Code:
    lsusb
    you may have to install the usbutils.

After that you should be able to see a format similar to 02:00.0. Look for this number next to your linksys device. Then type
    Code:
    lsusb -s <number> -vv
    and we should be able to find your chipset for this device.

Not sure what number, but here's a look from my terminal. Also, the only other number I can find is on the device itself. IC:3839A-WUSB11V4

levi@******* ~ $ lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 13b1:000b Linksys WUSB11 v4.0 802.11b Adapter [ALi M4301]
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:00b0 Microsoft Corp. Digital Media Pro Keyboard
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:c52f Logitech, Inc. Wireless Mouse M305
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 058f:6377 Alcor Micro Corp. Multimedia Card Reader
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:0829 Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    levi@******* ~ $

I also tried entering the second command with what I thought was the right way on the second command you showed with no results. I'm fairly new to using the terminal and only know a couple commands and how to enter them. Thanks.

Just Joined!
    A secondary one I have too is

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 13b1:0026 Linksys WUSB54GSC v1 802.11g Adapter [Broadcom 4320 USB]

Just Joined!
    The WUSB11 adapater does not have a native driver so you would have to use ndiswrapper. My expierence with ndiswrapper has not been good. However I have seen others have great success.

However you are in luck in that your linksys WUSB54GSC uses the broadcom chipset which can be retrieved from the following site: 802.11 Linux STA driver | Broadcom

Just download the driver, then use tar to unzip it. The installation instructions should be in the zipped file.

Just Joined!
    The WUSB11 adapater does not have a native driver so you would have to use ndiswrapper. My expierence with ndiswrapper has not been good. However I have seen others have great success.

However you are in luck in that your linksys WUSB54GSC uses the broadcom chipset which can be retrieved from the following site:

Just download the driver, then use tar to unzip it. The installation instructions should be in the zipped file.
    Thanks a TON!! I had to erase the url to post as I do not have 15 yet. LOL

Just Joined!
    Yeah had that problem also. Glad I am past the 15 post so I could hand out the URL. Course I do also understand why they did it. Also if you have any problems with the installation post back and I can see what help I may be.

Just Joined!
    Yeah had that problem also. Glad I am past the 15 post so I could hand out the URL. Course I do also understand why they did it. Also if you have any problems with the installation post back and I can see what help I may be.
    Ok, having problems with install. LOL. I couldn't seem to run the TAR. I'm very unfamiliar with the unzipping process as a whole. Never did get the hang of it even when I was running Windows. I just double clicked on file and it opened another window and I told it to extract all and put them in my documents folder as it was empty. Not sure if the many, many text documents included were instructions for the Terminal??

Just Joined!
    No worries. when you open the terminal you will execute the following; (Best to be in the directory where you downloaded the file. Normally it would be in /home/<username/Downloads
    Code:
    tar -zxvf <filename>.tar.gz
    basically what this says is to use the tar command with the following
    -z decompress the gzip file
    -x extract the package
    -v verbose (show me what you are doing) output
    -f the name of the file. This can either be the absolute path which would be /home/<username>/Downloads/<filename>.tar.gz or can be a relative path which would look like ./<filename>.tar.gz or <filename>.tar.gz>

Just Joined!
    No worries. when you open the terminal you will execute the following; (Best to be in the directory where you downloaded the file. Normally it would be in /home/<username/Downloads
    Code:
    tar -zxvf <filename>.tar.gz
    basically what this says is to use the tar command with the following
    -z decompress the gzip file
    -x extract the package
    -v verbose (show me what you are doing) output
    -f the name of the file. This can either be the absolute path which would be /home/<username>/Downloads/<filename>.tar.gz or can be a relative path which would look like ./<filename>.tar.gz or <filename>.tar.gz>
    Ok, call me stupid, but I'm still lost. This is what I tried.

levi@******* ~ $ tar -zxvf hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz
    tar (child): hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    levi@******** ~ $ tar -zxvf hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz
    tar (child): hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    levi@""""""" ~ $ tar -zxvf hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112.tar.gz
    levi@****** ~ $ tar -zxvf <hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112>.tar.gz
    bash: hybrid-portsrc_x86_64-v5_100_82_112: No such file or directory
    levi@****** ~ $

What am I doing wrong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast