Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    For example
    Code:
    apt-cache policy linux-headers-`uname -r`
    This can also be applied to things like apt-get install. I assume that something similar would work in the Red Hat world?
    Thats a nice trick Elija I think the OP needs solution with Debian ,so apt-get should work for him
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    The Red Hat question was more curiosity as that doesn't strike me as a Debian specific trick. I suppose it comes down to how the packages are named.
    Should you be sitting wondering,
    Which Batman is the best,
    There's only one true answer my friend,
    It's Adam Bloody West!

The Fifth Continent

Code:
     I suppose it comes down to how the packages are named.
    Yes,Its quite annoying to figure-out equalivent packages between rpm-based distro and deb-based distro.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I really appreciate the help here. Unfortunately I royally messed something up. I tried to remove the common headers and re-run the make on the hello module. reinstalled them and installed all using linux-headers*

now when I try to use the make command on the module it says my kernel configuration is invalid. I think i'm just going to blow up this VM and make a new one.