Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently running Flash 9.0.124.0, my operating system is Linux 2.6.21.4 eeepc (32-bit), and my browser is Mozilla Firefox 12.0 My problem is I cannot watch videos on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Help Downloading Flash 11.2

I am currently running Flash 9.0.124.0, my operating system is Linux 2.6.21.4 eeepc (32-bit), and my browser is Mozilla Firefox 12.0 My problem is I cannot watch videos on my computer because my comp needs to be running Flash 11.1 or newer. This is a problem since I am an online college student and depend on this computer. I am not familiar with Linux AT ALL. Can someone give step by step instructions or commands to update flash. I could really use your help I have no one to ask for help. Thank you sooo much.

Trusted Penguin
    Hello and welcome!

There may be a way to install it via apt, I think you can do this in Ubuntu. Not sure about Debian, though. You can always do it manually. The Adobe website has flash packaged up for linux as a .tar.gz and an "apt" file. The manual method would use the tarball. Anyway, something along these lines:

Open Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player
    Choose Linux 32-bit on Step 1
    Choose Flash Player 11.2 (tar.gz) on Step 2, download the file
    Once download is complete, right click on the flie (tar.gz) and click on "Extract here"
    Launch Terminal (Keyboard Shortcut : Ctrl+Alt+T)
    Go to that location where you extracted the file
    Run this command : sudo mv libflashplayer.so \/usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins
    Launch Mozilla Firefox and check do you have Adobe Flash Player

Just Joined!
    Thank you for answering so quickly. I tried your steps and I entered the command and it said no such directory not sure what happened. I tried moving the lib file to the firefox plugin folder and nothing changed and I can't move it out. I'm sorry to throw this at you but I have no idea what to do. Thank you again.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPacific View Post
    I tried your steps and I entered the command and it said no such directory not sure what happened. I tried moving the lib file to the firefox plugin folder and nothing changed and I can't move it out.
    hi,

Show the exact commands you are typing in the terminal, and the output you get from those commands. This will help us help you.