Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't seem to perform any actions through aptitude. I am using Debian 6.0.5 on virtual box 4.1.16. I have 3 machines on my virtual network, the first machine routera ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't connect to aptitude mirrors.

I can't seem to perform any actions through aptitude. I am using Debian 6.0.5 on virtual box 4.1.16.

I have 3 machines on my virtual network, the first machine routera can perform apt-get update, install etc. However the other 2 machines can't. To make sure it wasn't a problem with the network settings I changed the network adapter of routerb, from intnet to NAT. This hasn't helped the issue.

I can successfully ping "aptitude", "Google" and can even ping the IP address of the FTP server that is given when I perform apt-get update.

Through examining the /etc/apt/sources.list file I am no further forward. I compared routerb's sources.list file with that of the functioning routera's, both are the same.

I have provided a screenshot of both these .list files of both machines. Help would be greatly appreciated.

h$&p://gyazo.com/c9c9a08328c964d6fed0e9e1256668d5

Just Joined!
    Managed to solve the issue. I had the IP address of my university as the proxy server, by removing this the issue was resolved.