Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've moved the OS from one drive to other acording to this tut: Raspberry Pi ? View topic - HOWTO: Move the filesystem to a USB stick and it worked ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I screwed it up, now I need help also.....

I've moved the OS from one drive to other acording to this tut:
    Raspberry Pi ? View topic - HOWTO: Move the filesystem to a USB stick

and it worked for a few hours but them started to spam error messages.
    I've rebooted the pi and it worked again but soon like 1 or 2 minutes later it has sent like 100 messages again saying this:

Message from syslogd@raspberrypi at Jul 7 11:09:46 ...
    kernel:[ 612.896008] journal commit I/O error

and them

[119.737956] EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_find_entry1209: imode #19136519: comn crom: reading firectory Iblock 0

and I just cant do any thing... cant use any bash command and login doest work on ssh not even the reboot comand......

Why? How to solve this?

You might have a slightly damaged flash memory device in your pi. All I can suggest it that you reboot into single user mode and run fsck - or put the memory card/stick into a regular PC and run fsck there.

If there are errors, it might be possible to mark the bad sectors, recover the data and carry on as if nothing happened.

You might also want to consider backing up all your /home/<user> data to a big computer and re-installing the flash device from scratch, configuring it how you want, then copying your data back. It might seem a bit drastic to do this, but as long as your own data is backed up correctly, it might prove to be the safest and cleanest way to recover.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux Newbie
    Ok Ill try to first run the fsck but how can I put the linux into single user mode?

Normally you just need to reboot and put a '1' or 'single' at the end of the kernel boot line through grub or lilo or whatever bootloader you're using.

Linux Newbie
    I've done both of the options and it happens again....

It may be that it's too screwed up to do much with. My recommendation at this point would be to restart with a fresh system. If you load the device on another computer, you can copy off any user data. Then you can install Debian from scratch on the device you're using (formatting it if necessary) and then copy back the user data. You may, of course, need a new flash device to install it onto - try the old one, but if you're suffering corruption, then I'd suspect a hardware failure first.

The only other suggestion I can make is that you try to copy the filesystem again from its original source. Perhaps something went wrong during the original copy.