Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
I did and now cannot find it after installing package! Going to little red dot in lower bottom left for AdBlock doesn't help either. I don't know what to do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I did and now cannot find it after installing package! Going to little red dot in lower bottom left for AdBlock doesn't help either. I don't know what to do or how to fix it. Guess I give up on watching videos.

Code:
    locate libflashplayer.so
    To show members that you have flash installed or not.

Code:
    which google-chrome
    To show members if you installed google chrome.

Code:
    google-chrome &
    launches google chrome from terminal.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    root@c-50-160-221-87Home:/home/dixie# locate libflashplayer.so
    /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
    root@c-50-160-221-87Home:/home/dixie#

I do not have google chrome. It is still in my download folder. Someone said to download and install it from google instead of synpatic package and I did, but cannot install it. I can extract it and is "read only" but cannot install or don't know how. Sorry.

Just Joined!
    Oh, even if I disable adblock for that page the thing still spins and won't load.

/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
    Open Iceweasel. Type in blank url box in a new tab (erase what ever is in there)

Code:
    about:plugins
    Hit enter/return key

Look to see if flash is installed and path to file listed and compare to what I have put in quote above. They should match.

I do not have google chrome. It is still in my download folder. Someone said to download and install it from google instead of synpatic package and I did, but cannot install it. I can extract it and is "read only" but cannot install or don't know how. Sorry.
    Go to Download file location of google-chrome where you can see it in your file manager. Right click on empty white space next to file and pick open terminal here.

After terminal opens.
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i <name of google-chrome file .deb goes here>
    You can use the tab key after typing in go in terminal for auto-completion of file name to avoid any typos.
    It should start scrolling in terminal and show you it is installing Google-Chrome Browser.

Too bad you can't find a local Linux Users Group (LUG) in your area to teach you a little. I have a retired
    new guy from out of town that wishes to meet me after learning from my wife I run Linux. I figure I may be
    not the only Linux user any more in my area of the desert.

Edit: by the way. Internet speeds determine if you can watch flash or not. During certain times of the day for me. My Internet speeds
    suck so bad it can be measured in bytes instead of kbytes. It worse than being on dial up. This site helps with determining Internet
    connection speeds. http://www.speedtest.net/
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Shockwave Flash

File: libflashplayer.so
    Version: 11,2,202,297
    Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

MIME Type Description Suffixes
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl

Just Joined!
    Sorry cannot open a terminal is not in the list when right-click in empty white space next to google-chrome download. Guess I can only install it from synpatic and tried that and got rid of it. flash plug-in cannot load that way. I had to create an account and now must wait for confirmation email for speedtest. I know with Comcast cable I have the Business Class or highest speed.

Sorry cannot open a terminal is not in the list when right-click in empty white space next to google-chrome download.
    Where is the google-chrome downloaded .deb sitting? What folder. /home, /home/vocaldx <guessing user name here, /home/vocaldx/Downloads?

I had to create an account and now must wait for confirmation email for speedtest.
    You did not have to create a account to use speed test but I can see how confusion can lead to thinking that. You should have just waited for it to finish loading and hit the test now button. Oh well.

Command Line 101 from TX. Open terminal. No need to be root. (something I have noticed in previous outputs from you)

Code:
    harry@biker ~ $ ls
    Audiobooks       compressed  Downloads  Movies    Public   Templates
    Calibre Library  debs        Images     Music     Screeny  Videos
    Choices          Desktop     isos       Pictures  Sounds   Wallpapers
    Comics           Documents   maniac     Podcasts  Stuff
    harry@biker ~ $ cd isos
    harry@biker ~/isos $ ls
    Akeeeta_Puppy       cyberpuppy           macpup_opera  razor_rpm   Windows
    Akita               Hiren's.BootCD.15.2  plop          Simplicity
    android4.0rc2eeepc  macpup412            porteus       Slimpup
    AntiX               macpup412f           QNX           TinyCore
    ls stands for show me what is there>list

cd stands for take me over there > then ls while I am there after tells me what is in that folder.

Code:
    harry@biker ~/isos $ cd plop
    harry@biker ~/isos/plop $ ls
    md5sum  ploplinux-4.2.2.iso
    see what I mean. I am showing you this like I would show someone how to drive a stick shift car. It looks hard. But once it clicks in your mind. It is easy as pie.
    I showed you this so in you next post. Just type in ls to show what is in /home/vocaldx. Then if google-chrome shows in ls. You can do the sudo dpkg-i right there.
    If google-chrome sits inside lets say the Downloads Folder.

Code:
    harry@biker ~ $ ls
    Audiobooks       compressed  Downloads  Movies    Public   Templates
    Calibre Library  debs        Images     Music     Screeny  Videos
    Choices          Desktop     isos       Pictures  Sounds   Wallpapers
    Comics           Documents   maniac     Podcasts  Stuff
    harry@biker ~ $ cd Downloads
    harry@biker ~/Downloads $ ls
    If google-chrome shows under the ls while in Downloads folder like I am showing above. You can do the sudo dpkg -i command I gave then.
    Not really all that complicated. Think of it as the door to your place. You have the kitchen door, a bathroom door. The cd command is the doorknob.
    The ls is your eyes. The dpkg -i command is what you wish to do while in that room with what you see with your eyes.

I'm off to get plastered with a bud that bought 2 20 packs of budweiser and called me to come over.
    Happy Trails, Rok.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Re: your last line. Thanks for making me laugh on Saturday morning. July 8th I had 12 years sober lol. Beer yuck! Jack Daniels was my demon. I can only do root terminal because when try to open terminal it says I am blocked. Don't know why. Maybe I'll hear back from you on Monday? haha. Google Chrome is located in when click on files-downloads. I didn't know how to in stall it so extracted it and now is a package showing. When I went to synpatic (spl?) it is green beside it but is not the browser. Only place I could find it stating it was installed. When I clicked on it it opened up my iceweasel browser. Sorry I am so much trouble here. Remember I am 63 and new at this.

Just Joined!
    oops wonder what I did install from the website for chrome now? obviously not the browser. search engine? hee hee

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast